With the first pitch coming at 4 PM this afternoon (hopefully), it’s time for some predictions for the 2009 season. If I remember, we’ll revisit these in September and see how I did.
- Craig Monroe will not hit 8 home runs in the regular season after hitting 8 in spring training.
- Paul Maholm will pitch well, but his ERA will go up and people will complain about a Pirate pitcher never having two good seasons in a row.
- Craig Hansen will be a good reliever (I don’t know why I think this).
- Freddy Sanchez will finish the season in a Pirate uniform.
- So will Jack Wilson.
- Adam LaRoche will not.
- The Pirates will not lose 100 games.
- Nor will they win 70.
- Andy LaRoche 2009 OPS: .811
- Andrew McCutchen 2009 Major League OPS: .742 in 82 big league games
Now, add your own in the comments. The first gamethread of 2009 will be here this afternoon.