Here is a blow-by-blow description of what happened in the Pirates/Diamondbacks game this afternoon:
– Clint Barmes and John McDonald both in the starting lineup. Oh crap.
– Jonathan Sanchez starting. Oh crap.
– 3-0 Diamondbacks after one. Oh crap.
– 6-0 Diamondbacks four batters in to the second inning.
– Third inning, Jonathan Sanchez still out there.
– Fourth inning. Some guy named AJ Pollock homers. Sanchez is still out there.
– Fourth inning. Martin Prado singles, Sanchez is removed.
– Fourth inning. Chris Leroux walks the bases loaded.
– Fourth inning. Chris Leroux walks in a run.
– Fourth inning. Chris Leroux walks in another run.
– Just want to point out that those things all happened in a row and immediately after Leroux was brought into the game.
– After That Point. Whatever.
Yep. That sucked a lot.